Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lenten Practice/Rachel Hackenberg

This Lenten Season I'm going to be participating in Rachel Hackenberg's practice to write a prayer each day during Lent.  She invites all who are interested to give this a try.  You can see a link to her blog on the right side of my blog.  Consider joining in! She writes,

Dear friends & prayer-writers,
Welcome to new pray-ers and writers! It's a pleasure to share this resource with you ... and just in time for Lent! During the season of Lent, I blog daily prayers at "Faith and Water," and I email daily prompts for your Lenten prayers. Starting Ash Wednesday, you can anticipate an email from me each day with the encouragement to pause and meet God through the simple tools of pen & paper. (After Easter, prompts return to their weekly email schedule.) If you would like to share your written prayers, you can post your prayer as a comment on my blog.


Today's prompt comes from Genesis 18:27, "Abraham answered, "Let me take it upon myself to speak to the Lord, I who am but dust and ashes."

Lord, what strange courage Abraham had.  
To trust and to know that,
"I who am but dust and ashes"
is the one who must speak.

What paste of pluck, fortitude and wisdom formed this dust and ashes?
What glue of love, wonder and  faith held it all together?

O Lord, with the smudge of dust on my forehead remind me again
to trust and to know that,
I who am but dust and ashes, can take it upon myself
to speak to the Lord.

Amen.


1

No comments:

Post a Comment