Monday, February 11, 2013

A Fresh Start

Dear Lord,

The prophet Isaiah writes,

Isn't this the fast I choose:  releasing wicked restraints, untying the ropes of a yoke, setting free the mistreated, and breaking every yoke?
Isn't it sharing your bread with the hungry and bringing the homeless poor into your house, covering the naked when you see them, and not hiding from your own family? (Isaiah 58:6-8 CEB)

Could this be my Lenten journey?
Could this be the fast I choose?

Release these wicked restraints
Untie the ropes
Set free the mistreated
Break every yoke

What the heck would this look like?

Lord I am praying, where do I plant my next step?
What is the next destination on this holy adventure?

I am walking onward; releasing, untying, setting free and breaking.
I like how this sounds!

God of the hungry, God of the poor, God of the naked,
Guide me on this journey, lead me in your way.

Amen






1

No comments:

Post a Comment