Monday, April 8, 2013

Where to start?

Lord,

There are so many things to do today
it is hard to settle and start on anything.
I've made some handy lists,
but instead of moving towards checking things off
I'm making new lists.
I read through the lectionary texts for this week,
searching for a focus,
but instead I am full
of all the different stories:
Saul's transformation to Paul
(and I had forgotten all about Ananias!)
Psalm 30's beautiful reminder, "Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning."
On to three verses from the book of Revelation--
Angels!
every creature on earth
and under the earth
and in the sea!
Myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands--singing,
Followed by 19 verses from the gospel of John, a night of no fish, an unrecognized Jesus, heading back out into the water, full nets, breakfast on the beach--Recognition! 
Then, Peter, "Feed my sheep!"
Peter, "Feed my sheep!"
Peter, "Feed my sheep!" 

In the midst of all this, Jesus says, "Follow me."
OK, I will.

amen.1

No comments:

Post a Comment